Board tag: briyoh4s Tier: 2 Connected boards: anime-and-manga automobiles fitlit international list literature loomis meta philosophy v--video-games [Create a board] [Add]

Iro - entryway - Favorite Games

[X]

[Post a reply]

[Catalog]
File: tumblr_b470abdfe50e9afdd6(...).jpg (365.65 KB, 1280x857)
56532.jpg
Favorite Games
04/20/22(Wed)17:59:05 No.56532
>>56535

Shared:
v--video-games
Happy Weedler Day everyone! Post your favorite video games of all time.

I'll post my top 25:
>01. Pikmin 2
<02. Pokémon Platinum (plus Diamond and Pearl)
>03. Spore
<04. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
>05. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
<06. Mario Party 8
>07. Mario Kart: Double Dash
<08. Pokémon Heartgold/Soulsilver
>09. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
<10. Super Mario Sunshine
>11. LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game
<12. Minecraft
>13. Mario Party 6
<14. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
>15. Pokémon Black/White
<16. Super Mario 64
>17. Team Fortress 2
<18. Tomodachi Life/Miitopia (Pretty much the same game in my mind.)
>19. LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
<20. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
>21. Chulip
<22. Pokémon Emerald (plus Ruby and Sapphire)
>23. Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword
<24. Paper Mario: The Origami King
>25. Wii Play

Most of the rest of the games either never had a huge impact on me (mainly non-Nintendo games), have been more accurately represented by another game on the list, or were just virtual sim games/phone games (Fish Tycoon, Virtual Villager, Pokémon GO, etc.) which, while I had a lot of fun playing and still enjoy to this day, I wouldn't really consider them conventional games. Plus, they'd take up a lot of key entries.

>>wcr7t1tl⇸

Can't think of 25 so I'll settle for 10. Here's off the top of my head. Probably will miss something important. Slight towards arcade and horror but that's what float my boat.
Super Mario World
DK Country 2
Superstar Saga
Chrono Trigger
BT3
Resident Evil 1,2 and 4(counting as one)
Dead Space 1 and 2 (this one too)
Superliminal
Neverwinter Nights
FNV

>>56532

Paper Mario series was fun. Never played the later titles but did enjoy the first 3. Like a lot of people I miss the partner system.
Was a Nintendobaby but never got into Pokemon or Zelda. Preferred greasy wops and gorillas. Go figure :/ Never got my paws on a GC, been PC mostly since then. But what I've totally legally emulated (don't DMCA me bro) was pretty good.
Merry Fuehrer's Birthday to you too.
>>56535

That’s a good list of games. I really wish I found non-Nintendo games more enjoyable, but I just don’t find them to be that interesting. I’ve watched playthroughs and commentaries of some of the games I’ve played online, and I’ve generally found that to be more enjoyable than actually playing them, not because they are hard, but because I can’t really get immersed into them for some reason. Maybe it’s because of my immature brain, but I’ve never felt interested in playing any sort of realistic games (Chulip and TF2 are about as far as my interest in realistic games go).

Crash and Sonic were kind of fun, though. Really tried to get into the Donkey Kong games, but I’ve never been a huge fan of platformers. I’ve played Mario as a kid, but it never really captivated me as much as the dream-like environments and creatures within the games (might also be why I don’t like Odyssey; too detailed in presentation to be dream-like).

>I miss the partner system.
Yeah, I miss that too. The main thing I miss is how unorthodox the environments were, due to the whole treasure hunt/race theme. Haven’t really seen any RPGs that take you from needing one objective in a castle or pirate’s grotto to needing to hang out in a single town that has an arena or riding a train catering to the elites that takes you to the richest neighborhood on the continent.
File: SMRPG.jpg (31.78 KB, 380x263)
56569.jpg
>>56537

Understandable why you and others don't like platformers. There are some nice experimental games in that genre that I enjoy. I would agree that their hayday has passed but there is still the odd one out that releases every few years.
As for the dream-like quality that the N-word likes to put in their games, I am a bit confused. Lack of detail or a gameplay loop that puts you in trance? I would say there are no games so detailed you forget that isn't real. It can nag at you, especially if it shoots for a realistic style which is very common in horror. It's more convention than trope but I've learned to live with it. And ironically there are some 2d games that are even more conducive for escapism than 3d ones.
I grew tired of minigames that would be required for continuing the game around the time of Seven Stars. I put up with it M&L but don't like it. TTYD is a great game from what I've played but the mixing of genres is odd for an RPG. Mostly a positive since it gives breaks to the player, but I find it jarring. In general, I prefer a game that bills itself as a singular experience focusing on its main mechanics so its easier to fall into.
Also forgot to include sysshock 2 and deus ex the first.