Board tag: briyoh4s Tier: 2 Connected boards: anime-and-manga automobiles fitlit international list literature loomis meta philosophy v--video-games [Create a board] [Add]

Iro - entryway - Alright Gang

[X]

[Post a reply]

[Catalog]
File: The meddling kids and the(...).png (476.83 KB, 780x439)
22440.png
Alright Gang
04/25/21(Sun)01:08:03 No.22440
>>23281

Shared:
rabbit
Looks like we have a mystery on our hands.
On 02/23/2021 a fellow Iro2 user began posting ciphered messages on the d1 board. The thread can be found here.
>>14397⇸

This other thread may also be of interest.
>>18143⇸

I believe that this user is the same.

As to what the post themselves mean, they seem to be using a substitution cypher. The thread most likely uses the same key for every post. Each post, with the exception of the OP, contains a digit in brackets at the end. This one
>>18156⇸

even has what may be a binary number after the bracketed one. If the two threads are in fact connected, then solving the cypher and the numbers may yield the url to a hidden board. It is also possible that the user never finished his puzzle and any attempt to solve this would be an exercise in futility. I found it interesting and though I should share. Post your thoughts and solutions in this thread.
File: A0481C6A-A345-4B71-9866-4(...).png (53.71 KB, 750x650)
22586.png
Glad to see someone finally took interest. While I haven’t really built an endgame to it yet, you’re welcome to do what you like if you find the secret boards.
[Hint: There are more clues to be found.]
>>22440

I'm glad Jenny has become a mainstay of the board.
File: quill.jpg (75.9 KB, 474x902)
23430.jpg
All right. So I was able to decrypt the posts in the d00kls thread. Here goes.

OP:
02/23/2021:

I’ve been monitoring the situation for at least two months. For my amusement, I decided to add some more chains to the website. This tag speaks to me, so I’ll keep this thread here for its acknowledgement. The project is still in the works, though. Hopefully it will be ready soon.

02/28/2021:

They idolize the ahegao because they just wanted to ask the woman to smile.
[83]

03/09/2021:

A weak man fears combat because he knows there will be much pain.

A strong man fears combat because he knows there will be much consequences.
[45]

03/13/2021:

When darkness becomes too strong, the light shall shine brighter.

When light becomes too strong, the darkness shall radiate heavier.
[01]

03/16/2021:

Women dont have brains they only have minds.
[06]

03/25/2021:

I fear not the one that bares its teeth in a grin as most do, for it is clear that it believes to be in a state of opportunity either way. I do fear the one that reveals not teeth nor expression, since it is impossible to know for sure what it is thinking.
[55]
00110101 (53 in decimal, 35 in hex)

04/09/2021:

Nostalgia and fantasy are merely spikes in the ground. The real trap is escapism.
[23]

That's all the posts for now in the thread. I have no clear use for the numbers yet. As for the "binary" number, I translated it to both decimal and hex but its possible that it is neither.
Still haven't scoured the site for the clues
>>22586

mentioned. Feel free to check my work and tell me if I screwed the pooch anywhere.
Might as well connect it here
>>xd95jnw8⇸

File: 9000 + 1 hours in mspaint(...).png (909.39 KB, 1000x635)
40100.png
Looks like the mystery poster is behind the 40k get. Here's more info on the new posts.

Cont. from
>>23430

05/01/2021:

When there are ripples in the water, yet nothing is heard, a storm is coming.
[19]

>Only post (aside from OP) which has an image. The image has text which translated is:

Vehicle has been secured. Hopefully this will let us secure the Pst link in the chain.

06/03/2021:

The most uncommon thing is one's perception of common sense.
[42]

<The following post replies to the OP. No date is given, untranslated.

lkj okjwefok ciew, ijekf... kjsoei ksdfkj , hio iolks, cdc alaedkls. [[8X23EDC32A]]

[23]

>No date either and replies to the previous one. 3 line breaks precede the response.

You speak madness that my feeble mind can’t comprehend. You would be perfect for our ranks if you were good with a clock.

08/04/2021:

The time has almost come. The preparations have taken months, but now we may see the first glimpse at the power we seek!

>There are now two new threads in the d-chain. Both are OP only. New one on /d1/:

>Subject:
This is your last chance

Fools. I see that one of you mortals is trying to summon me, and now that the barrier has been weakened, there's little time for you to turn back. If you don't stop now, your fate will be sown and all may fall, but if you have no intention of stopping, just understand that my strength is too great for you to handle, and that there will be great suffering for all that oppose me.

>Other thread in /d2/, no subject:

v
f
X
g
h
l
<38251467

Concerning the untranslated post in the original thread, the post replying to it suggests that it's encrypted by the use of a clock cypher. Also contains a string of numbers at the end encased in two sets of brackets.

>>40000⇸

Checked
File: clock cypher.jpg (27.96 KB, 546x395)
40101.jpg
>>40100

The other thread on /d1/ seems to be a warning and no text seems apparent in the OP image.
/d2/ has a map as an OP image.
Someone already checked the 40k get on /d1/ using the same cypher as the original user. I don't think this is related to the puzzle itself.
That's about all that's sound enough. The following is just conjecture.

Text in the /d2/ thread may be the board tag for a hidden board as all tags have 8 characters with a mix of letters/numbers. The numerical string below it may hint at rearranging them in that order, so the board tag would be f0vg8Xhl instead of 8vfXghl0.
But ALL board tags are lowercase and the post on /d2/ could instead be a key for the encrypted text on the original thread. I doubt the creator would cross reference as he's kept things self-contained.
Translated straight from base26 it would be IXA or I X A if the uppercase X is instead a multiplication symbol. It can also be read as I A. If you do rearrange before decoding from Base26 you'd get AXI, A X I, or A I.
This gave me the idea to try and translate the bracketed string from the original thread as well from b26. This gives you I X BG.
Using the standard clock cypher on both of these yields A X I = 8 AM and I X BG = 8 23 16. The second one could also be 8 x 16 = 128.

>Pic related is what I used for the clock.
>>40100

>No date either and replies to the previous one. 3 line breaks precede the response.

>You speak madness that my feeble mind can’t comprehend. You would be perfect for our ranks if you were good with a clock.

that's because that response was me shitposting gibberish
>>40101

It seems I've solved the first step.

The text in d2 is indeed a hidden board tag and the tag is gf8hxl0v

the numbers are telling you what place to put the character, so since eight is the first character, and three is the first number, you put eight in the third spot.

The X threw me off too. If you try using the board tag I found with a capitalized X, you will see that it doesn't work. I figured you were supposed to replace the X with some value you found elsewhere, but I decided going through 36 some characters was easy enough. I wasn't even thinking and when I got to x, I put it in lowercase like I was with everything else and it worked that time.

Now what to do with this Zelda nonsense? I have no idea.
>>40289

Interesting. It reads like some paranormal word salad. I wonder what it is building toward. It strikes me as an example of something for the collaborative writing board.